Musings on the 2016 Trolley Run
Many people have a memory of their parents telling them, "You won't believe how quickly time passes! Every year goes faster than the last." I used to balk at that notion, dreaming for time to hurry up. But now, it amazes me how when the weather turns each November and winter begins its stay in Kansas City, that Trolley Run is only five months away and time has yet again passed so quickly. It's a nice reminder, as Trolley Run is also timed with our first signs of spring as the ground, and often our spirits which have been dampened by months of dark and chilly days, begin to thaw. That first spring run where you don't need a jacket or gloves to survive the cold and wind is always a momemtous occasion. We know that Kansas City's road race season has begun.
We're pleased to have made two big changes for 2016 which are result of listening to our participants via the post-race survey.
- Race Shirts: We've made the change to performance tees for all race participants in gender specific sizing. This year, individuals and corporate teams will recieve a charcoal gray color, and family teams will receive a heather red color. Make sure to like our Facebook page to stay up to date as we share photos of the shirts in the coming months.
- Bib Tag Timing: We know it's a hassle to secure your timing tag to your shoe, and even more to wait for it to be clipped off in the finish chute. So this year, your timing tag will be affixed to the back of your bib, making things much simpler for you on race day. And don't worry - you can still keep your bib! We do not need the timing tag back post-race.
CCVI Trolley Run has many great partners both in Kansas City and nationally. We're honored to continue the following partnerships for 2016.
- United States Association of Blind Athletes: Our partnership with USABA has become a highlight of Trolley Run for the past two years, and we're overjoyed to continue bringing elite athletes with visual impairments to race in Trolley Run and meet our CCVI students. Many of our USABA friends are embarking on a huge journey this year as they strive to get to Rio for the 2016 Paralympics. We will keep you posted on those developements throughout the year.
- Normal Human: Last year, we partnered with local KC company Normal Human on a special add-on purchase t-shirt which featured a unique design for Trolley Run. And you loved them! This year, the creative team at Normal Human presented us with two Trolley-inspired designs (see below) and you can purchase either (or both!) for $25 when you register for the race. They're available for purchase with registration until February 27, 2016, and a limited number will be sold at Packet Pick Up.
- Kansas City Sweet 16 Series: Now in its second year, Trolley Run is proud to be part of the KC Sweet 16 Race Series, which features four 4-mile races spread out over the course of the year. Those who complete the series receive a great finishers prize. Right now, you can register for $114 by clicking HERE. We love working with our friends in the running community on this series which keeps you running all year long.
As always, we want to hear from you on how we can make Trolley Run better. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
Registration is open and we're offering early bird pricing right now. Click HERE to make Trolley Run part of your 2016 race calendar.
Thank you for your support of Trolley Run, and most importantly, CCVI. Your participation makes all the difference in the lives of the children and families we serve.